Amica may not promise you a quote in five seconds, but they still make the process fairly easy. Most of Amica’s application process can be done online.
You simply answer a form that asks basic questions about your insurability and if you’d like to bundle home and auto policies, and then you’re led to a page where you input information about your home’s specs, your proximity to fire stations and hydrants, and other applicable information.
You then select how much, if any additional coverage you’d like, like if you’d like water backup coverage, or computer coverage, or identity theft coverage, for instance. Amica then runs your quote, which they provide within seconds, along with instructions to call an agent to discuss your plan further. The entire process took about five to 10 minutes.
Claims process — 5 out of 5 claims satisfaction rating with J.D. Power
Amica excels mightily in the claims department, an area that seems to be the Achilles’ heel of so many other companies who sell home insurance. As we already pointed out, Amica received a five out of five claims satisfaction rating with J.D. Power — the highest in the industry. Amica has also earned high marks from Consumer Reports, which is a reputable consumer insights website in its own right.
Amica offers an easy claims filing process, allowing you to submit losses through the insurers mobile app, on the web through their “claim center”, or over the phone. You can also check on how Amica is handling your claims through their claims tracker, which you can easily monitor through their app, on the web, or over the phone.
Once your claim is accepted, Amica can put you in touch with a contractor through the company’s network. One perk of going through Amica for repairs is that they’re paired with a warranty.
Other types of property insurance offered
Amica offers several types of property insurance. If you’re looking to buy home insurance with Amica and you have other property that needs coverage, consider bundling insurances.
- Car insurance - Protects your whip
- Renters insurance - Protection for stuff in your rental unit (and outside your rental unit)
- Condo insurance - Protects your condo's structure, all your stuff inside, and any additional liability coverage you need to supplement your HOA's master policy
- Marine insurance - Insurance for watercrafts
- Landlord insurance - Coverage in case your tenants burn your building down
- Umbrella insurance - Increased liability coverage limits for your home and car
- Small-business insurance - Insurance for your small business
- Wedding and event insurance - Financial protection for the special day
- Web application
- Web policy viewer
- Web and mobile claims
- Amica mobile app
Phone: (800) 242-6422
Headquarters: 100 Amica Way, Lincoln, RI, 02865