There’s a few different ways you can apply for homeowners insurance with Travelers. You can apply through the company website, over the phone, or even on Amazon in certain states.
The application process is fairly simple to navigate – you type in your ZIP, fill out basic information about yourself and your home (about five pages), indicate if you’d like to bundle with an auto policy, and Travelers sends you a quote almost immediately. The entire process takes about five minutes. From there, Travelers will provide you a number to call to discuss your quote and make your purchase.
Submitting claims with Travelers is about as easy as it gets. One of the primary navigation tabs on the company website leads you to their “claim center” where Travelers provides detailed information, steps, and comprehensive educational resources about how their claims process works. Travelers allows you to file and track your claim as well as contact emergency claims services all through their website or mobile app. From the looks of it, Travelers has this part down.
The user experience is great, but where Travelers falls down a few notches is in claims satisfaction. Much has been discussed about Travelers dropping customers for filing claims. Travelers also has a subpar customer satisfaction score with J.D. Power which raises a few red flags, as the single biggest indicator of home insurance customer satisfaction is the claims process.
Other types of property insurance offered
Travelers offers several types of property insurance. If you’re looking to buy home insurance with Travelers and you have other property that needs coverage, consider bundling insurances.
- Car insurance - Insurance for your whip
- Renters insurance - Protection for stuff in your rental unit (and outside your rental unit)
- Condo insurance - Protects your condo's structure, all your stuff inside, and any additional liability coverage you need to supplement your HOA's master policy
- Boat and yacht insurance - Insurance for everything from your dinghy to your Lürssen yacht
- Landlord insurance - Coverage in case your tenants burn your building down
- Umbrella insurance - Increased liability coverage limits for your home and car
- Jewelry and valuable items coverage - The peace of mind you’ll need for that super expensive bling when your home insurance limits don’t suffice
- Wedding and events insurance - Financial protection for the special day
- Free Amazon Echo Dot when you become a Travelers home insurance customer
- Discounts on Smart Kit, Smart Kit Plus, and Smart Kit Premier when you purchase through Amazon
- Online quotes, bill payment, and claims filing through MyTravelers
- Travelers Mobile App
Phone: (917) 778-6000
Headquarters: 485 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 10017