Nationwide’s application process is pretty seamless. You simply go to their website, plug in both personal information and information about your home, select potential discount opportunities, and out comes a quote.
From the quote page, you can adjust your coverage limits and add various endorsements to your policy, where you can see in real time how adding or subtracting coverage can increase or decrease your rates.
After finalizing coverages, you select a local agent to answer your insurance questions and assist you with claims. From there, you move on to the payment portal and choose whether you’d like to pay yourself or through your mortgage company. The entire process takes around 10 minutes.
Claims process — 3 out of 5 claims satisfaction rating with J.D. Power
When it comes to claim responsiveness and payouts, Nationwide is better than the industry average, according to a 2019 survey by consumer insights leader J.D. Power. Nationwide’s damage amounts and timely payment ratings also received “very good” marks from Consumer Reports.
The claims process is fairly easy. You access Nationwide’s claims portal from their homepage, and once you get there, they have a number of instructional resources for what to do in the wake of a loss. Once you’re ready to go, you begin the claims process, where you can either file a claim as a Nationwide policyholder or on behalf of a policyholder.
Other types of property insurance offered
Nationwide offers more than just homeowners insurance. If you’re looking to buy home insurance with Nationwide and have other property insurance needs, consider bundling multiple policies together.
- Nationwide Private Client - Nationwide Private Client is a separate set of robust property insurance products for Nationwide’s affluent customers, and includes homeowners insurance, personal collections insurance, auto insurance, personal excess liability insurance, and ID theft assistance
- Car insurance - Protects your whip
- Motorcycle insurance - Covers your motorized bike
- Snowmobile insurance - Protection for your snow cruiser
- Renters insurance - Protection for stuff in your rental unit (and outside your rental unit)
- Condo insurance - Protects your condo's structure, all your stuff inside, and any additional liability coverage you need to supplement your HOA's master policy
- Flood insurance - Protects your stuff against flowing water
- Boat insurance - Covers everything from your dinghy to your yacht
- Personal watercraft insurance - For smaller watercrafts like Jet Skis
- Umbrella insurance - Increased liability coverage limits for your home and car
- Scooter insurance - Yes, scooter insurance exists
- RV insurance - Protection for your house on wheels
- ATV insurance - Coverage for your quad
- Web application
- Web policy management and bill pay
- Web claim filing
- Nationwide mobile app where you can manage your policy or begin a claim
Headquarters: 1 Nationwide Plaza, Columbus, OH 43215