Progressive allows you to apply for policies online or, if you’re less tech-savvy, over the phone.
The online application is pretty simple — just make sure you know specifics about your home, as Progressive gets a little more granular with home spec questions than other insurance companies we’ve reviewed. You’ll fill out information related to your home’s structure, its exterior, interior, and its utilities. Once you submit all of the required information, Progressive fetches you a quote from multiple insurance companies within a matter of seconds.
Progressive will then suggest a quote for your home and you’ll be able to compare it with other companies’ policies. One thing we caught is that when Progressive suggested a quote, it was always the plan with the lowest rate, not necessarily the best coverage.
In fact, in the three times we applied with different properties, those quotes were from Homesite, a Progressive affiliate with subpar customer satisfaction and claims ratings. Be sure to review each plan and how much coverage you’re getting with each one. A low rate means very little if you’re paying for an inferior product.
Progressive (when you have a policy through ASI) allows you to file home insurance claims both online or by calling their claims department at 1-866-274-5677. If your policy isn’t through ASI, be sure to contact the Progressive partner that’s listed on your policy. Progressive provides a list of those companies’ claims departments here.
Other types of property insurance offered
Progressive offers more than just homeowners insurance. If you’re looking to buy home insurance with Progressive and have other property insurance needs, consider bundling multiple policies together.
- Car insurance - Protection for your whip
- Classic car insurance - Even if your antique on wheels never leaves the garage, you’ll still want to insure it in the event that your son plays hooky and takes it on an afternoon joyride with friends
- Motorcycle insurance - Covers your motorized bike
- Snowmobile insurance - Insurance for your snow whip
- Golf cart insurance - In the event your cart gets damaged on or off the links
- Segway insurance - Glide around knowing that your segway is protected
- Boat insurance - Covers everything from your fishing to cruising boat
- Personal watercraft insurance - For smaller watercrafts like Jet Skis
- RV insurance - Protection for your house on wheels
- ATV insurance - Coverage for your quad
- Renters insurance - Protection for stuff in your rental unit (and outside your rental unit)
- Condo insurance - Protects your condo's structure and all your stuff inside, plus provides any additional liability coverage you need to supplement your HOA's master policy
- Flood insurance - Protects your home and your stuff against floodwaters
- Mobile home insurance - Covers your factory-built or manufactured home
- Web application through HomeQuote Explorer
- Web policy management and bill pay
- Progressive mobile app where you can manage your policy or begin a claim
Headquarters: 6300 Wilson Mills Road, Mayfield Village, OH 44143