There are two ways you can apply for homeowners insurance with Stillwater – online through the company website or over the phone.
Applying online is fairly easy, if not a little clunky. (Could use a few design and functionality updates and overall informational improvements in the user flow.) You simply input your ZIP code in the “start quick quote” box, and you’re off and running. The entire quoting process takes about five to 10 minutes. You’re then provided with two quotes (one HO-3 and one HO-5 quote), and if you’re interested in proceeding with a Stillwater plan, they give you a number to call to finish the application.
The one thing you may not like is – before retrieving your quote – they ask for your Social Security number. Insurers need your social to calculate your insurance score, but most insurers reserve this until the end of the process — not during a quick quote.
Stillwater gives you a few options for filing claims: you can file online through their “Report a Claim” feature (which kept rerouting us back to the homepage when we tried selecting this feature, so it’s unclear whether you can actually report claims online yet), you can call them on their 24/7 hotline, you can email their claims department at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can contact your agent directly. Once your claim is filed, Stillwater reviews your claim, assigns you an appraiser to inspect and photograph the damages, and makes a decision once everything is reviewed and processed.
Other types of property insurance offered
Stillwater offers several types of property insurance. If you’re looking to buy home insurance with Stillwater and you have other property that needs coverage, consider bundling insurances.
- Car insurance - Protects your whip
- Renters insurance - Protection for stuff in your rental unit (and outside your rental unit)
- Condo insurance - Protects your condo's structure, all your stuff inside, and any additional liability coverage you need to supplement your HOA's master policy
- Business owners policy - Liability and property damage protection for small- to medium-sized businesses
- Landlord insurance - Coverage in case your tenants burn your building down
- Umbrella insurance - Increased liability coverage limits for your home and car
- Earthquake insurance - May replace your home if it’s swallowed by Earth
- Online application and claims filing
- Online bill pay and policy viewer
- Bill pay and policy viewer through the Stillwater Mobile App
Phone: (855) 712-4092
Headquarters: 4905 Belfort Rd, Suite 110, Jacksonville, FL 32256