As of this review, Foremost doesn’t have an online application. To apply, you can head to the home insurance section of their website, where you plug in your ZIP code, and you’ll get a list of all of the agents in your area who can sell you Foremost home insurance.
To file a claim with Foremost, you have a couple of options: you can file a claim online through their easy-to-access claims portal, or you can call their claims hotline at 1-800-527-3907.
Since Foremost is technically owned by Farmers Insurance, it may cause confusion about who’s exactly managing your claim (Farmers or Foremost?) and that can lead to accountability issues. Several customer complaints to the Better Business Bureau centered on speaking with several different adjusters throughout the claims process. The claims process is generally best handled by one point of contact whotracks how your claim is progressing.
If you file a home insurance claim with Foremost and you’re passed off from one adjuster to another, be sure to take down their names and contact information.
Other types of property insurance offered
Foremost offers a variety of different insurance protection. If you’re looking to buy home insurance with Foremost and have other property insurance needs, consider their other options.
- Auto insurance - Protection for your whip
- Collectible auto insurance - Specialized coverage for your classic whip
- Motorcycle insurance - Covers your high-speed motorized bicycle
- Neighborhood electric vehicle insurance - For your electric neighborhood cruiser (only available in Arizona, California, Oklahoma, South Carolina, and Texas)
- Snowmobile insurance - Insurance for your snow whip
- Golf cart insurance - In the event your cart gets damaged on or off the links
- Scooter insurance - Homeowners insurance won’t cover scooters, but scooter insurance will
- Boat insurance - Covers everything from your fishing to cruising boat
- Personal watercraft insurance - For smaller watercrafts like Jet Skis
- Travel trailer insurance - Protection for your house on wheels
- Fifth-wheel insurance - Intended for fifth-wheel RVs that you don’t drive around much
- Luxury motor coach insurance - For your mansion on wheels
- Off-road vehicle insurance - Coverage for everything from your quad to your dirt bike
- Condo insurance - Protects your condo's structure and all your stuff inside, plus provides any additional liability coverage you need to supplement your HOA's master policy
- Flood insurance - Protects your home and your stuff against floodwaters
- Mobile home insurance - Covers your factory-built or manufactured home
- Landlord insurance - If your unruly tenants burn your building down, landlord insurance has you covered.
- Vacant home insurance - If you move out of your home while it’s still on the market, you’ll need vacant home insurance until the home sells
- Second home insurance - Coverage for your vacation home
- Web policy viewer
- Web bill pay
- Web claims filing
Headquarters: 5600 Beech Tree Lane SE, Caledonia, MI 49316