Here are some of the most common questions about the value of life insurance and how it fits into your overall financial plan.
Life insurance & retirement
Most people don't need life insurance forever, but as you approach retirement, it can help provide for your dependents. Meanwhile, a life insurance retirement plan (LIRP) can supplement your retirement funds.
Life insurance & estate planning
An estate plan is a collection of legal documents that designates who receives your assets when you die. If you own a life insurance policy, it’s smart to factor it into your estate plan with the help of a licensed attorney or financial professional.
- What is an estate?
- Estate planning guide
- Your complete estate planning checklist
- Life insurance for retirement & estate planning
- Do I need life insurance if I already have a will?
- Can you take out a life insurance policy on someone else?
- Are online wills legal?
- Is life insurance an asset?
- How to set up a trust
- Life insurance trusts
- What is an irrevocable life insurance trust (ILIT)?