The application process is fairly straightforward at MetLife. You input basic information, like your name, address, and preferred contact time, and an agent or automated response system contacts you shortly thereafter with a few brief questions about your home, and they quote you an estimate based on that. The one downside of MetLife’s application process is their lack of an online application from beginning to end, like they have for auto insurance.
Claims process - 3 out of 5 claims satisfaction rating with J.D. Power
MetLife doesnt have an online portal or mobile app to submit claims, but there are still a variety of ways to get your claim underway once disaster strikes. You can submit claims over the phone, through fax, by email, you can tweet their claims department at @MetLifeCares, and although they don’t offer flood coverage, MetLife has a helpline that can point you in the right direction if your home becomes flooded.
- 24/7 claims service
- Claim repairs and construction through Crawford Contractor Connection
- Special disaster claim processing through MetLife’s National Catastrophe Response Team
Other types of property insurance offered
MetLife offers several types of property insurance. Whether you’re looking for condo, renters, or car insurance, MetLife has you covered.
- Condo insurance - Insurance for the stuff that your master policy doesn’t cover
- Renters insurance - Protection for stuff in your rental unit (and outside your rental unit)
- Landlord insurance - Coverage in case your tenants burn your building down
- Mobile home insurance - Insurance for your home on wheels
- Car insurance - Coverage for your car and other people’s cars if you crash into them
- Boat insurance - Insurance for your yacht or submarine
- RV & motorcycle insurance - Protects your traveling home and motorized bicycle
- Online and mobile app bill payment
- Online and mobile app policy viewer
- Home and auto employee benefits through SnapQuote®
Phone: (800) 638-5433
Headquarters: 200 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10166