Term Life Insurance
- How can I determine whether I need life insurance?
- What kind of things does life insurance cover?
- What is a beneficiary?
- Does a beneficiary need to do anything to receive the death benefit?
- What is a death benefit?
- How is the death benefit disbursed?
- What is underwriting?
- Is the death benefit taxed?
- Are my life insurance premiums tax deductible?
- What is term life insurance?
- What is permanent life insurance?
- What is whole life insurance?
- What is universal life (UL) insurance?
- What is variable life insurance?
- What is variable universal (VUL) insurance?
Application & Claims
- How does the application process work for life insurance?
- What is a paramedical exam?
- How should I prepare for the paramedical exam?
- What happens if I misrepresent something on my application?
Shopping for a Policy
- When is the best time to buy life insurance?
- How do I estimate how much life insurance to buy?
- What are some common pitfalls when shopping for life insurance?
- Is the life insurance my employer provides enough?
- How reliable are life insurance companies?
- Are all life insurance companies the same?
- Are there any red flags I should watch for when shopping for life insurance?
- Who should I turn to for advice on buying life insurance?
- What’s the difference between an agent and a broker?
Need more info? Visit our Life Insurance Learning Center
Life Insurance 101
What it is, what is covers, and what it's for.
Here's what to expect, from buying a policy to making a claim.
We've done the research for you.
Term vs Whole Life
All about the two different types of life insurance.
Real Life Stories
People buy life insurance for a variety of reasons.