Should I buy renters insurance if I'm a college student?

by PolicyGenius Admin

If you're in collegeyou'll want to protect things like yourcomputer, textbooks, bike, clothing, and furniture, but there are a couple of things to note.

First, there's a good chance your parents' homeowners or renters policy still covers you if you're under 26, so check with them before you shop for your own policy.

If you decide to shop for your own policy and you live in a dorm, be sure to confirm that the policy will cover on-campus "temporary" housing, as not all insurers include this type of coverage.