My renters insurance policy mentions "additional living expenses". What are those?

Published April 22, 2015

Additional living expenses (also called loss of usage) describe the expenses you incur if you are forced to leave your home. For example, if you have to stay in a hotel because of a fire in your home, your policy may cover the cost of the hotel and meals as additional living expenses.

Get essential money news & money moves with the Easy Money newsletter.

Free in your inbox each Friday.

Easy Money phones image