Every business starts with a simple question. For the PolicyGenius founders, that question was: “Why is buying insurance such a frustrating experience?"
Frustrating is an understatement. Navigating the world of insurance is confusing, stressful and a step backward in time (hello, fax machines). And even after they’ve bought a policy, people worry they might still be on the hook for something they missed.
Let’s get real: insurance has a big consumer problem.
As consultants to the top insurance companies, we suspected that this consumer problem was behind a lot of things we observed. It’s why life insurance ownership is at a 50-year low. It’s why health and disability under-insurance is behind most personal bankruptcies and home foreclosures. And it’s why we started PolicyGenius.
First principles: insurance will probably never be fun for the consumer. But it can be easier and inspire confidence.
We have a lot of insurance knowledge, but we put that aside and started with a clean sheet. What’s the easiest way to get an individual from point A (no insurance) to point B (insured)? What kind of experience would people want? And we built from there.
PolicyGenius is on a mission.
Our crackerjack team is inspired daily by our simple mission:
“To get people the insurance coverage they need and make them feel good about it.”
That means we’ve thoughtfully built our business for every type of insurance consumer who may come our way:
- Detail-oriented? We’re building the best insurance content library out there.
- More of a big picture person? Our Insurance Checkup is the best (and only) big picture tool around.
- Convenience shopper? We’re building a one-stop shop. If you need life insurance and pet insurance, you shouldn’t have to go to a bunch of different sites.
- Skeptic? We’re an independent site and not affiliated with any insurers. We believe in unbiased advice and transparency. We’ll provide you with choice and the information you need to make the right decision.
- Care about the environment? We’re trying to eliminate paper from the insurance buying process.
- Love the internet but still want to talk to somebody? We’ve got licensed experts a click or call away.
Insurance: we couldn’t be more excited about it. And we hope you’ll join us on this journey.